Monday, October 1, 2012

Will Phedre Succeed? or Phedre's Phollies

Today was my finals testing at UCWS... I'm still shaking from the nerves but I'm glad it's finally done! I was so nervous that for the first time I actually fell off the stage at the last stop on styling! Ok so a minor lag spike hit just then but still it was embarassing. Ah well. Life goes on. I'm praying I have passed. I worked so hard and would not like to think I will have to do it all over again. But even so it was an experience I will never forget! We all worked hard, long hours to get to this point and had fun doing it!. There is only one place left to go and that is onwards and upwards!

Laylah Lecker was my examiner. She was really sweet and helped me to laugh off my nervousness. Instead of being a chore, she made it fun! Thank you so much Laylah! I don't know what I expected but it was definately no where near as bad as I thought it would be! lol

I'd like to take a moment of your time and show you the wonderful stages I hope to be debuting on in the future. There are five in all. So take a deep breath and let's get started on this whirlwind tour!

First up is the Ballroom Venue, a place I had never been before today. I was suprised to find that floor of the stage actually changes colors! The most impressive feature, in my opinion, is the fact the audience is seated not in the same sim but across the simline! As we all know fashion shows tend to be quite laggy. This arrangement goes a long way towards reducing lag for audience and models alike!

Ballroom Venue
Next up is the Beach Venue. It is a comfortably appointed outdoor stage over looking the beautiful blue waters of the sim. More fun in the sun for us all!

Beach Venue
Now we come to the Black and White Venue where many of the CWS fashion shows are held. The runway is an unusual feature as it divides a lovely pond filled with both black and white swans. The grace of these creatures cannot help but enhance the grace of the models as they walk the catwalk! If I had to chose a favorite I think it would have to be the Black and White Venue!

Black and White Venue
And here we have the Dome Venue with it's majestic entrances of three stairways. Two huge fountains adorn each side of the center stairs, the water splashing down over the upraised knee of the "model". This is also where graduation is held for each graduating class of UCWS. Hopefully this Friday you will all see me on that runway!
Dome Venue

Last but not least is the Red Venue. This red carpeted runway features tiered seating for the audience and is richly decorated with golden accents. There will always be a place in my heart for this runway as this is where I first learned of CWS When I entered the SF Design Super Model competition.

Red Venue

There you have them folks. All five of the beautiful and spacious runway venues of CWS! Simply the BEST!!
Until we meet again!

Love ya bunches!

Phedre

No comments: